Saturday, October 10, 2009

Finally

Finally after waiting and waiting I have been invited to Kenya! I have excepted the invitation and will be leaving in November for my staging/training/ and then service in the Peace Corps. While in Kenya I will be working at a school for the deaf teaching. As many of you know this worked out perfectly. Having just graduated for Eastern Kentucky University with my teaching degree in deaf education I hope that I will be able to make a difference! Until then I am trying to decide what to pack to take with me. I am only allowed 80 pounds of luggage so this is difficult.

Thanks for everyone who is supporting me with this discussion to join the Peace Corps and please keep up with and comment on my blogs when I leave so that I know what is happening in the U.S.!

4 comments:

  1. I ran across your blog while i was looking for fellow volunteers leaving for Kenya in Nov. I am also going to be in deaf education. I look forward to meeting you at staging in Nov.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your invitation. My name is Dan and I'm already in Kenya. I ran into your blog via web searching for blogs of the volunteers who swore in late July.
    I wish you luck and I'm sure we'll end up meeting sometime probably next year.
    P.S. If you have any questions as you prepare feel free to email me at ddelgadi.kenya (at) gmail (dot) com
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am going to Kenya in November, but will be teaching science. I look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I will be departing for Kenya with you as well, though I will be teaching science. Looking forward to meeting you!

    E-mail: quantumgates@gmail.com

    I'd love to chat with you about what all you're doing to prepare for Kenya, as I feel like I've only got half a clue. :) Please feel free to e-mail me!

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete