Friday, November 20, 2009

Continued Travels

Two weeks ago I meet my home stay family. I have a baba (Father), mama, one sister, and a younger brother. We live in a really nice house. When you walk in there is the living room/ t.v. room. Then to the left is a hallway that leads to the cooking room on the right. Then a wash room. Next to that a real toilet!!! Then my room. To the left are two more bedrooms. My baba is a farmer and a veterinarian and my mama has a shop in town. We have electricity and watch t.v. and dvd's. I was supprised by the access to power, water, and electonics. Most people in town have a t.v. Also everyone has a cell phone. I have even brought one. This is how I stay in contact with Peace Corps, other trainess, and home. Kenya is blessed with the technology they have and I think the technology will only get better.

At the end of my first week at my home stay I left with the deaf education group for Machakos. We are the first group to go through this new and improved training. We spent the past week at the Machakos school for the deaf. The school is a bording school. This was a lot of fun because we got to interact with the students and play games with them during resease. The students went home today because it is the end of the term for them.

Next week volunteers from different schools from the deaf in Kenya are going to bring their students to the school to stay. We will practice teaching with these students. I am excited to put my four years of deaf education schooling to the test!

Monday we find out were we will be going at the end of our training to teach for two years. The math and science group who are still in Loitokitok found out there sites Tuesday. I have to addmitte that I am a little jealuse, lol.

I can't wait until I found out were I am going Monday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Burke

    I am so happy I found your blog. I miss you so much I hope we can talk while your gone. is there an adress I can send things to you? keep in contact as much as u can and I will do the same

    ReplyDelete